Friday, September 22, 2006

And we shall blank them in the ambulances - a quick rant

I haven’t had a rant for a while, but now feels pretty right.

(Ahem)

Overgeneralising aside, why don't boys get interpreting subtlety?? I mean my god! It seriously isn’t that hard. It’s been part of human society for a good while now; you’d think they’d have picked it up.

Now, I don’t mean to sound bitter – oh what the heck, I’m obviously going to be screaming bitterness – but seriously guys. Pick it up. And use it.

A quick note on how to interpret subtlety –

  1. If ever a girl says anything to you ever, always look below the surface. Sometimes she means what she says but most of the time there’s a cake-full of layers sitting there hitting you around the head.
  2. If ever a girl does anything (or you notice a distinct lack of something) ever, well, see above.
  3. Now practice.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

or an onion full of layers...

Anonymous said...

wat bout parfaits, they have layers... every one likes parfaits

Anonymous said...

jeez..lol...shrek..(I was actually trying 2 put together jeffers/jefferies/david as part of the word shreck but sounds stupid.."jeffereck"..(coz I knew it would be thy jeffers who wrote thy comments..Im being a tad sarcastic..but true..just been out drinking..n theres ..oh lets not go into anymore detail..I shall leave my layer stories 2 myself...blah blah ..oh b.t.w. how is that crime assignment thingo going cait? Seems u have typed 2 blog entries in 1 go..thats good..(Oh ok shut up elle!) Cyas Elle **

Pirateguybrush said...

I like cake.

rosemarie said...

i wish i had someone to break up WITH.

hmm. no thats not true. i wish i had linguistics man!!! he knows i stalk him.

although i concede that no man will ever get anything, and hey, don't give away our secrets. at least at the moment we can say, 'no really, i'm fine, you didn't offend me' and put them off guard and then BAM. in for the kill. :D

rosemarie said...

linguistics man got off the bus early. WHY? did he see me sneakily staring through three guys' hair?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :'(

Caitlin said...

Nooo, noooo - I'm sure he just went to buy some flowers for his mother... because it was her birthday... or maybe he needed to exercise his legs because he's been working on his arms so much in the gym? Sigh... :)

Pirateguybrush said...

Huh? Wasn't this post about cake? I'm so confused...

Caitlin said...

Men!

Anonymous said...

lol...n plz don't say "women"..guys always do that..

Pirateguybrush said...

Shadim!