Thursday, December 08, 2005

Lookout Roadusers!

Well, I got my 'L's yesterday.
Selina and I went down to the licensing centre, did the little test and picked up a pair of brand-spanking-new L plates. Sure this ended taking up the good part of an hour and a half, mostly because:
1. Selina forgot her identification and
2. We kept missing our turn because the ticket numbers either moved to fast or we were busy watching The Bold and the Beautiful or Entertainment Tonight without the sound (and, in my opinion, the only thing better than watching these shows without sound is watching them without a picture either)

All in all it was fun (compared to doing nothing, which is what I've been doing quite efficiently since school ended) - the chairs were comfy, the "aqua pura" water was cold (albeit *not* free... damn them) and there was an entertaining number of people who had either forgotten their paperwork or who had just failed a test...

And just one more thing about the L plates, I promise.
It really really really worries me that people fail that test. 30 questions of rote learning, 30 questions that, if you do the majority of the practice tests, you can know off by heart. I swear I went in there, looked at the first few lines and then just pressed the button I remembered pressing aaaallll those other times!

Anywho,
in other news - has anybody else noticed that David Tennant is in *everything* at the moment?
I turn on the TV and there he is! ABC last night - Blackpool starring David Tennant. Went to see Harry Potter and who was in it? David Tennant! Casanova, Dr Who, The Bill, Foyle's War, 9 1/2 Months and I could go on... If actors were like shares, you'd be making one hell of a profit today!

Well that's me done for the day.
Cheerio,
C.

3 comments:

Toastghost said...

who was david tennant in foyles war???!

Caitlin said...

I just looked it up again - apparently he played a guy called Theo Howard in episode 1.3...

Anonymous said...

well I dunno who david tennant is..lol...but I do no a lot bout gettin ur L's...
1. The 30 questions test is easy
2. The learning bit is fun..
3. Beware it can be stressful..maybe thats just me though...goin 4 ur L phrase 2..
4. the examiners in ur prac r strict as hell!!!!!! but maybe thats me again..lol..
but dont worry u'll b fine..its really fun! Good Luck on the road! Elle **