Monday, December 18, 2006

Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce another runner in the night

It's amazing how much your relationship with somebody you've never met, let alone seen, can change in the space of one song.
There is a builder next door.
He is building something.

He woke me up with his radio and power tools at 8am.
I hated him all morning. I hated him when I got up, I hated him when I went to the gym and I hated him when I sat in bed reading and being melancholy.
But now I love him.

There's nothing quite like listening to a builder sing along to 'Blinded by the Light' (with the obligatory 'douche' instead of 'deuce' because nobody really knows that line) and really get into it. It came onto his radio and he was away - voice breaking at the appropriate moments, completely mis-hitting the high notes... It was possibly the best thing I've heard all year.

He made me smile today and for that I thank him.

10 comments:

Pirateguybrush said...

By that logic, I should thank you for making me smile today. :)

ElleBelle said...

lol . . . I guess me 2 . .

Anonymous said...

Check your email. If you have, don't ignore it!

Anonymous said...

I got woken up by him at 8am aswell, however I missed his rendiion :(

Pirateguybrush said...

Posting time.

Anonymous said...

1. Blogs exist for something to be posted on them
2. You have not posted something
3. So you should

Anonymous said...

post damn you!

Caitlin said...

I know, i know I'm getting there!

Anonymous said...

I think I can explain the problem. You see, everyone, the legal academics will have us believe that "tort law is just like love"; and as they're legal academics, they must be right (Leap of Logic 1). Therefore, as all instances of love mean all efforts are concentrated thereat (Leap of Logic 2), Cait is at this moment so passionately devoted to her Tort law reading that she is incapable of doing anything else.

Caitlin said...

*gasp!* it's true! We're in love (or should I say torts...) and nothing you say will change my mind!!