Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hyperballad and Weird Words

Hello all -
Have just been listening to my new #1 most-depressing-song-of-all-time (Learn To Be Lonely having moved to second place). Its weird, I've been listening to this song for atleast 6 months and never before have I actually felt emotionally attached to it... I don't know why, but I find Big Heavy Stuff's cover of Hyperballad reeeaally depressing. I think I listen to the lyrics of songs too much - For example, I will be listening to a song - and it will have absolutely fantastic music - but I'll hear a lyric that I don't like and *bang* there goes my ability to enjoy that song EVER again!
So, lets have a look at the lyrics:


We live on a mountain
Right at the top
There's a beautiful view
From the top of the mountain
Every morning I walk towards the edge
And throw little things off
Like:
Car parts, bottles and cutlery
Or whatever I find lying around

It's become a habit
A way
To start the day

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier
To be safe up here with you

It's early morning
No one is awake
I'm back at my cliff
Still throwing things off
I listen to the sounds they make
On their way down
I follow with my eyes 'til they crash
Imagine what my body would sound like
Slamming against those rocks

When it lands
Will my eyes
Be closed or open?

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier
To be safe up here with you

Ok - having read the lyrics, I can see why it might depress me - but it was originally sung by Bjoerk!! How can anyone with the name Bjoerk depress me!?

Anywho - I strongly reccommend you go out there and find this song because if you ever want to feel sorry for yourself, this is the one!!!

Now, having thouroughly depressed myself, here I have a list of words I think should be used more often in society (NOTE: you may have to look these up, gawd knows I did!)
1. absquatulate
2. hornswoggle
3. skedaddle (or skeedaddle, depending on where you're from)
4. Smouch (If someone can explain to me how exactly one *can* counterfeit tea I will be most pleased)

5. Barmecide
6. Boondoggle (just cause it sounds cool)
7. Folderol (Am going to bring this one back!!)
and finally:
8. Zenzizenzizenzic

Woo - I have waaaaay too much time on my hands.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I really really really really doubt they're gonna know... yurgh...