Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Constable Care: Spring Chicken or Plagued by the Mid-life Crisis Bug?

I have a theory.

Yes, I know. Usually you should approach one of my theories with the same level of disdain as you would if you heard Baldrick say 'I have a cunning plan...' but please, just this once, listen in.

I have been watching tv of late and noticed, to my dismay, that the puppet used in the Constable Care ads has undergone a remarkable makeover. Sure, he's still got the hat, but otherwise he's completely different! No moustache! Basically no eyebrows!! Really, you have to ask yourself - can you take advice from a muppet with no facial hair?
And so we come to my theory. I think Constable Care is going through a mid-life crisis. His puppet used to look about 40 and now, lo an behold, he's suddenly gotten younger. Was he longing to be more hip? To be 'in' with the latest fasion trends? Or did he simply think that facial hair made him look past his use-by date? Whatever the reason, this new reincarnation of CC is, to put it in one word... scary. His lack of eyebrows and moustache seems to highlight the fact that (as he is a puppet) he cannot blink and because of this, to quote Bernard Black when speaking of the twelve-year-old son of two of his friends who had earlier 'blanked' him "he seems to have the cold, dead eyes of a killer".

I'm waiting to see him zooming around Perth, disobeying road rules in a little red corvet just to make himself feel younger...



Hmmm... maybe I have too much time on my hands.

*NOTE: Yes. I am aware that CC is a puppet and therefore cannot go through a mid-life crisis...

Aaaaaaand back to the books (do you see what school does to me?!)

Are you appeased now Kirani?!?!?!?!

No comments: