Monday, October 17, 2005

Five Reasons Why Physics Has Ruined My Life:

5. I now understand the physics/maths behind such magical natural phenomenas as rainbows, starlight, full moons, glow-in-the-dark stickers and induction stove-tops.

4. I no longer believe in 'centrafugal force' - apparently it was all a figment of our imaginations.

3. I have developed an irrational phobia of the following:
-bridges
-ladders
-walls
-drawbridges
-doors
-see-saws
-coils of wire
-motors
-generators
-split rings
-levers
and anything else that I may be required to calculate the torque on.

2. I now develop a tick when anybody uses 'speed' where one should use 'velocity'. The same applies for 'displacement' and 'distance', and 'centripetal force' and 'centrifugal force'.

and

1. I have actually started making physics-orientated jokes. You know, the sort only people who study physics get and even then you are greeted with groans, not laughter.

Bloody oath.

1 comment:

Toastghost said...

this is just another 5 reasons why humanities are better as sciences! the justifications are endless!