Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Gorilla Kinda Lingers

I think I'm turning into something along the lines of Marge Simpson.
I'm living in a house full of boys at the moment - mum's gone off to Brisbane for a bit, so Dads looking after my two brothers and myself. Being the only girl in a house of three boys, two dogs, a cat that wakes you up several times a night and three budgies whose cage is in need of cleaning is pretty difficult. I've found that I've started making that little noise that Marge makes when she's annoyed... I can't type it out, but I'm sure you all know which one I mean. Hopefully it'll go away soon enough - I'd hate to think I'll start doing it unconsciously... It only takes one of my brothers to talk to me and my throat tenses up and its a concious effort not to mumble disapprovingly!
But having said that, Why?! Why?! Why can't men wash the dishes properly?!

The saving grace of this weekend is, however, the fact that I've re-discovered Not the Nine-O-Clock News. Its absolutely fabulous - and they're all so young!! At the moment, my favourite bit would have to be 'Nice video, Shame About the Song', but quite frankly, any skit that has both Rowan Atkinson and Billy Connoly in it has got to be good!

Anyway, musn't get distracted from studying (much) - so I'll leave you with a bit of Nine-o-Clock advise,

Remember: It's much easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a ... Than it is for a camel to!

1 comment:

Toastghost said...

if you like that you should check out vulture on the abc at sometime latish on tuesday nights. rather snobbishly amusing